Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Chicken Man

Today I tried something I never in a million years would have thought I would have done - ordered directly from a man who slaughters his chicken in the morning for chicken DELIVERY in the afternoon - between 12 & 1 PM. And here you have it:
I ordered my $50 SGD (about $40 USD) of boneless/skinless chicken yesterday around 3 PM and got my delivery at precisely 12:30 PM today. I received 17 packages of double breast boneless/skinless chicken....and it looks FABULOUS!!! I mean, I was in the Peace Corps and witnessed my host mom do this herself and took some pics - but never in a million years would I have thought I would be doing the same thing - minus the killing and de-feathering of course. You can get a whole chicken - with or without the yucky stuff, 8 piece chicken, beef, veal, lamb....I am beginning to think he really has his own personal farm. I probably can get milk should I want it unpasteurized!! Our chicken is now safely in the freezer in my IKEA baggies portioned for dinners.....ahhh, just like in the States!

post signature

No comments: